Monday, January 23, 2006

Andre Dawson



Although I've always been a Giants fan, I have a soft spot for the Cubbies as well. I've been to Wrigley Field twice - I love the environment in the ballpark and in the neighborhood surrounding it - I do like the city of Chicago. As you can see I wasn't concerning myself with backgrounds too much when I did this image (probably 1993) aside from the minimal representation of Wrigley's brick wall (right field, the position Dawson played). I pretty much decided against backgrounds after doing this one, wanting to concentrate on just the faces, which is what I was most interested in to begin with. I really liked Andre Dawson's intensity when he played for both the Expos and the Cubs, and I thought this image from the back of his '92 Score baseball card showed it well.

No comments: