Friday, January 19, 2007

Illustration Friday: Super Hero


I was gonna try and be clever and conceptual, you know - a firefighter, Muhammed Ali, Rosa Parks - any of whom would have been great, but I went the sorta obvious route. This is admittedly what first comes to mind when I think of a superhero. Too many DC comics as a kid to override that set of synapses. And while we're on the subject of good ol' Superman, can I see a show of hands please: Who else out there HATED "Superman Returns"? Okay, perhaps HATED is too strong and judgemental a word . . . who else DESPISED LOATHED DETESTED (were) SICKENED (by) "Superman Returns"? Um, other than me?

6 comments:

mrs. b. said...

Your style is really faboo!! Loved your Ed Grimly too! Fun!

Michelle Lana said...

very cool style.

georg said...

Me too!

Funny and nice image.

the enigma said...

hahah, so funny what you wrote! great drawing too. and btw, i love your lincolns!

Mike said...

Great picture of superman, excellent job.

blownfucia said...

You actually went? I saw the dvd on Darvocet and valium and thought it was a cinematic tour de force.
what I remember anyway.. Oh by the way your style is incredible.